Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Women's Health Town Hall

US Secretary of Health & Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, senior White House Officials, and a diverse array of media, organizations, groups and stakeholders engage in an open dialogue about women’s health care and the Affordable Care Act. June 7, 2012.

As a student in McAllen, Texas, Julisa McCoy explains why the Texas Women’s Health Program matters to her reproductive health and well being. Julisa is one of thousands throughout Texas and online who are joining the “Don’t Mess with Texas Women” bus tour and calling on Gov. Perry to stop playing politics with women’s lives. Join them! bit.ly ©2012 Planned Parenthood® Federation of America ” Don’t Mess with Texas Women: Student Calls Out Gov. Perry On Women’s Health – Planned Parenthood” – PLANNED PARENTHOOD VIDEO TRANSCRIPT: The Texas Women’s Health Program has been such a benefit for me. It allowed me to take advantage of vital reproductive health care services that I otherwise couldn’t afford. Thanks to the Texas Women’s Health Program, I haven’t had to choose between groceries or saving up for my annual check-up. I haven’t had to choose between filling up my tank with gas or buying birth control. This program has allowed me to live more responsibly and has allowed me to seek medical care that I just wouldn’t have been able to afford. It allowed me to put more attention and more focus on my studies and less about whether perhaps I was at risk for cervical cancer or breast cancer. We don’t choose to use this program because we chose not to buy health insurance — we use this program because we can’t afford health insurance. This is why the Texas Women’s Health Program exists. The fact remains there are still more than 130000 women in this state who do need it who are
Video Rating: 3 / 5


Women"s Health Town Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment